Can it be possible I settle my case before trial?
Yes. Many different cases will settle during lawsuit process while small minority proceed all the way through the trial. It’s impossible to predict if any case will settle.
What will I need to do if the case proceeds to lawsuit?
After lawsuit is commenced, your attorney will contact you about duties. You’ll probably answer interrogatories and attend deposition. During litigation it’s important you do at the following:
- Stay in touch with attorney.
- Inform your attorney of changes of address, work status, phone number, or marital status.
- Respond to lawyer’s phone calls if they requests contact.
- Prepare documents requested from your attorney after request.
- Keep track of medical bills or lost income and report to lawyer.
- Stay out of any trouble which may be used against you.
- Maintain employment status
- Avoid confrontations with employer.
Does lawsuit require extra amount work from my attorney?
Some contingent agreements provide for the additional percentages if the lawsuit will be required. The lawyer will advise you at the time they accepts the case.
Litigation can be a time’ consuming and very challenging process that takes time.